COVID 19 protocol hotel Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne
Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne has reopened its doors to guests again It is particularly important to be vigilant about hygiene and to adopt the appropriate measures for this purpose.
In our society of keeping a distance of one and a half metres, it is, naturally, very important that we can also guarantee a distance of 1.5 metres between the guests and our staff. All procedures have been reviewed, but we have also thought about refurnishing our Bar & Restaurant Vestdijk47 and the hotel to fully comply with all necessary precautions, so that guests and staff can keep a safe distance from each other.
This new situation requires necessary adjustments and adaptations to procedures in the hotel and its restaurant, but also the flexibility of the staff to work in a different way. In this way, the health and safety of both staff and guests is guaranteed to the maximum!
Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne is part of the international Accor Hotels chain. To support the return of the hospitality industry, Accor Hotels has joined forces with Bureau Veritas, a world leader in testing, inspection and certification. Together they developed a label that proves safety standards and proper cleaning protocols have been achieved, allowing companies to reopen.
To this effect, we have taken the following key measures:
- When walking, always on the right side in corridors and aisles, we will take distance into account.
- We ask our guests to pay using their contactless cards as much as possible. Should a guest, nevertheless, touch the pin terminal, it will be disinfected immediately.
- When serving our dishes, our staff use the so-called room service trolleys or service tables. This allows to maintain the one and a half metres distance between staff and guests.
- Our tables are at least one and a half metres in distance from each other. In addition, we have chosen not to let guests sit one after the other but rather in shifts (breakfast & dinner). There is a maximum of 24 guests per shift. We have reduced our total number of seats in order to guarantee and ensure safety.
Upon arrival at the hotel (Welcome-Desk, Bar & Restaurant Vestijk47 and Meeting and Events) a check-in conversation will take place in the reception. The check-in conversation consists of five questions.
If one of the questions is answered with ‘YES’, unfortunately the guest will not be allowed to enter the hotel!
This conversation MUST take place on every occasion even if you, as guest(s), are staying at the hotel for several days.
- Have you had one or more of the following symptoms in the past 24 hours: coughing, rhinitis, high fever over 38 degrees or shortness of breath?
- Do you currently have a roommate with a fever and/or shortness of breath?
- Have you had the coronavirus and has it been diagnosed in the past seven days (in a lab)?
- Do you have a roommate /family member with the coronavirus and have you had contact with him/her while he/she still had symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Have you been placed under home isolation because you have had direct contact with someone who has been diagnosed with the corona virus?
What other measures do we take?
We are introducing the following measures, which are aimed at minimising the risk of infection. We communicate these measures to both our staff and our guests.
- Extra attention is paid to all contact surfaces in the hotel rooms and around the rooms (corridors). This implies that all door handles, handrails, handles of cabinets and minibar, light switches, and other objects that guests frequently touch, are cleaned extra thoroughly. Bed linens are changed every two days.
- Minibars are empty, no paperwork in the rooms, glass and crockery are replaced for disposables.
- All rooms are provided with a Health & Safety-kit.
- Valet Parking, Luggage Handling/Storage, Laundry Service and Turn Down Service is NOT offered.
- The laundry facility on the ninth floor will remain closed.
- Additional rounds will be run through the public areas by our morning, afternoon and evening shift to clean the stair railings in the stairwell as well as the handles in the toilets, push-buttons of the lifts and parking machines. This will be done several times a day.
- We will make sure that the soap dispenser in the toilet is always filled.
- Clean (paper) towels are always available for guests.
- Disinfection kiosks are available for guests and staff in different parts of the building so that they can disinfect their hands during the day.
- An infrared thermometer is available at the Welcome-Desk, so that guests and staff can measure their temperature (when in doubt). If someone has a high fever of 38 degrees or more, the hotel manager available at that moment will be contacted.
- The Welcome-Desk has markings on the floor, so that a distance of one and a half meters can be observed.
- Breakfast will be served à la carte or through a Take Away Package.
- We are not accepting cash payments at the moment.
- Upon arrival, we ask our guests to clean their hands at the designated areas and we will ask about their health to identify any possible symptoms.
- At the Welcome-Desk, guests must keep a distance of one and a half metres by standing on the designated markings on the floor.
- At the Welcome-Desk we will also place screens between staff and guests.
- The lift can only be used by one person or persons from the same room. On the outside of each lift there is a sticker to alert guests and staff.
- When room service is brought into the rooms, it must be placed on a tray on a trolley. Guests will take the tray from the trolley themselves. As soon as room service is delivered to a guest, the time at which the tray can be picked up will be agreed upon. If a guest cannot indicate this at that moment, the guest will call the Welcome-Desk at number 6124 as soon as it can be picked up. If a pick-up time has been agreed, the guest must place the tray outside the room.
- Our Fit & Spa Lounge is accessible. Guests can benefit from all facilities. To ensure safety, we do not allow more than two persons at a time to make use of the pool. The people of the Welcome-Desk will grant access based on availability. Guests cannot make reservations for this.
For efficient check-in, guests are advised to use our online check-in. Guests will receive an invitation shortly before their stay. Guests then only need to pick up their key at the Welcome-Desk. Guests can also sign up online for the express check-out. To do so, credit card details must be registered at the time of registration.